Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Good news! We're having a BOY!!!! My ultrasound was yesterday morning and everything was crazy, but we wound up having a great time. My appointment was the first of the day (the nurse told me it was best so if they got behind, I wouldn't have to wait for a long time w/ a full bladder). Unfortunately, the technician got a flat tire on the way into work and was an hour late! I have an iron bladder, but man that was a long time to wait. It really started to hurt there towards the end! Fortunately, once she finished all the initial measurements, she let me go pee and then I could really enjoy the rest of the experience. The baby looks healthy, which is the most important thing, but it was awesome to find out it's a boy. And it's really a boy. We got a great shot of his willy - with the hands right above it - yep, caught my little one already playing with himself! We're still laughing about that.... I guess it gets pretty boring in there. But, he's an active little bugger - jumping all over the place. I'm thrilled about it being a boy - I didn't care what I had, though. Brad nearly stopped breathing he was so happy - he really really wanted a boy. (what guy doesn't?)

My mom was there with us and after Brad went back to work, she and I went shopping. We'd been so good about not buying anything but once we got the notification to buy blue we went a bit nuts. It was really fun. Surprises are nice, but I'm thrilled to know so I can plan the nursery a little easier and Brad and I can just focus on one set of names. Boys clothes aren't quite as much fun as girls clothes, but I'm having fun shopping for them just the same!
The ultrasound machine was really clear, but the pictures aren't. They're better than nothing, though. Here's our little guy:


No comments: