Tuesday, April 24, 2007

What a crappy way to wake up.... I just checked my email and my good friend, Brent, sent a very depressing one. Brent and I taught together at the high school in Virginia and sang together in the church choir. His wife was diagnosed with a brain tumor a couple of years ago and they've had a really hard time. They even moved back home to Minnesota this fall when Sarah's prognosis started looking grim, so they could be closer to family. Well, Brent wrote this morning that the doctors expect her pass away some time this week. I don't know exactly how old she is, but it's not more than 26. Brent has been amazingly strong, but this will destroy him. I'm so glad we got to see both of them in March - we had a layover in Minneapolis on our way to London and they came to the airport to see us. She seemed in rough shape but I wouldn't have guessed she'd be ready to die in just a few weeks...

So, a depressing start to the day. I wanted to get this in here, because hopefully, I'll have good news to report on here soon. My ultrasound is in about an hour and a half! I'm crossing my fingers the baby is healthy and we'll find out if it's a boy or a girl.

No comments: