Wednesday, April 18, 2007

I'm already a bit of a news junkie - cnn.com is my homepage and I usually devote a good portion of my day keeping up with world happenings. However, for the last three days I've been stapled to the news, trying to learn as much as I can about what's happening at Virginia Tech. I was just starting to burn out a bit and was going to stop and then they just released the video the psycho sent to NBC. Nope, more news time for Casey. I was really panicked on Monday since so many of the kids from the high school I taught at in VA went to Tech (we were only 90 miles north of Blacksburg). They still haven't released the names of all the victims, but I've been all over facebook for the last couple of days and if one of the victims was an RC kid, I would have heard by now. I'm much calmer now and am operating under a "no news is good news" policy. Not that it's any less tragic b/c I don't know these people, but I am happy that those I know are safe and okay.

In happier news, I just got back from dinner with a new friend. I've been on a pregnancy message board for the last couple of months and one of the regulars shares my due date and lives here in town with me. I've never gone to meet someone I've met on the internet before so I was a little nervous, but she turned out to be very nice and we have a ton in common. She had her ultrasound today and found out she's having a boy. I can't wait until mine next week!

No comments: