Friday, April 28, 2006

TGIF!!! And I really mean it! What a week! I didn't think it would ever be Friday. Things at school are finally calming down and returning to normal. The news report went fine - the guy definitely had an agenda and wanted me to talk more about how traumatic death is for teenagers. I answered his question, but spent a long time talking about what a great kid Charles was. Yeah, none of the personal stuff made it on the program - just the cliched bit about kids dealing with mortality. Annoying, but not that bad. Everyone thought I did a nice job.

Yesterday after school, about a hundred of us participated in this memorial walk from the school down to the river (about a mile). Charles's family was there and it was really nice. Kids placed flowers, candles and notes by the cross they erected on the bank. The kids put this together and did such a nice job of it - it was good for the healing process. Things seemed a lot more "normal" at school today. The official memorial service is Sunday morning.

Outside of that, life is moving on at a fairly steady pace. I went to pick up my utensil holder I painted at the pottery place and it's okay. The speckled paint didn't turn out like I thought it would, but I have something cute to put my dish brushes in. Prom is tomorrow night and I'm looking forward to that because it's alway so much fun. I love seeing the kids get dressed up.

My friend, Tony, sold me a bunch of ground beef for really cheap today. His father-in-law has a cow butchered for them every year and they had leftovers. Tony says it's awesome meat, so we're going to bust out the grill tonight and have some burgers. It's a beautiful night to do it. Have a good weekend, everyone!

No comments: