Friday, April 21, 2006

So, spring break was so much fun. It was great to see my parents and we had a fabulous time playing around town. We went to see the movie "Thank You For Smoking" - stinkin' hilarious! I love satire and this was amazing. We also saw Richard III at the Shakespeare theater I've mentioned before. It's such a treat to go to shows there. It's the only replica of his Blackfriar's Playhouse in the world. They're in the process of building a Globe Theatre as well, which would be the second replica - the first being in London. It's a high class place - Dame Judi Dench is even on the board.

Back to the grind this week, though. I did find out I didn't get the fellowship to Japan. Nor did I get the Asian studies conference in Colorado. Nor did I get the Disney teaching award. None of these is the end of the world, it just sucked to get three rejection letters in a week (although I really wanted to go to Japan.) :( Guess I'll have some free time this summer...

Brad has drill this weekend and I have plans with girlfriends so I'll have more to report later. Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: