Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Fortunately, today wasn't as bad as I expected. Most of the kids are calming down. Charles's friends are still shaken up, but the majority of kids have gotten over the shock and are getting back to normal.

Our local news station wanted to do a segment on Charles's life and so they came to the school today. A couple of his close friends were interviewed and my principal asked me to speak to the reporters (I'm developing quite a niche for being the spokesperson). The bit will air tonight, but I'm almost afraid to watch it. I HATE reporters. Especially small-town ones. I figure if I'm being interviewed by Barbara Walters and she copps an attitude, she's earned it. I've had to deal with too many of these nobody folks from BFE evening news or newspapers who fashion themselves hot-shots. These guys were so fake. I was so irritated with them that I didn't get the least bit emotional while talking about Charles. Probably a good thing, but I'm sure I'll come across as an ice queen when they air it. Anyway, I hope they do a good job with this segment tonight. Charles deserves it.


No comments: