Sunday, April 02, 2006

Yesterday was so much fun! My Academic Team had their final competition of the year at the NBC Studios in Washington, DC! It's a show called, "It's Academic," and it's been around for a really long time. It was a great experience. We lost, but it was only because of speed. The questions were INSANELY easy. Here's a good gauge: I knew 95% of the answers, where on a regular district competition night, I know maybe 60%. The show is designed so that the kids won't look stupid, so only three questions were answered incorrectly the whole show - it just came down to speed. I could see my kids buzzing, but they were a split second behind the school that won. Oh, well. It was really fun to be there and it was a much classier do than the other quiz show we go to at the local PBS station.

After the show, we walked across the street to the Japanese embassy to look at the beautiful cherry blossoms - it was the first day of the Cherry Blossom Festival in DC, so we got a small taste before we have to head back. It was kind of sad the season is over because this has been an amazing year. I really adore these kids!

No comments: