Sunday, April 23, 2006

What an amazing weekend! Brad had drill so I kept myself busy with all sorts of activities. Yesterday, my friend Amanda and I met for lunch at my favorite downtown bakery (they have the best sandwiches!) and then went to the brand-new paint your own pottery place. It just opened last weekend and I'm thrilled it's here (my pocketbook probably isn't, though). It's within walking distance and it's more reasonably priced than the ones I've been to when I go home to Dallas. Amanda had never done it before and she's hooked! So much fun! I'll have to post a picture of my kitchen utensil holder when it comes back from the kiln.

A met up with an older colleague, who is delightful, for dinner at this dive way out in the country. One of the janitors at our school owns it and is a fantastic chef! We had this awesome prime rib dinner for $7! Dives are the best!

Today, I've been catching up on housework, which is icky but I've just realized I got a good workout - my legs are killing me! I made brownies from scratch, though, so I'm sure I'll manage to replace any calories I burned today.... I did get a chance to walk around downtown and enjoy the beautiful spring day. I read the paper and drank iced tea out on my front porch - I felt like a Norman Rockwell painting. We're having an unusually beautiful spring this year and I'm trying to enjoy every minute.

No comments: