Tuesday, May 08, 2007

So, do you remember my crazy finger-pointing rude student I wrote about a couple of weeks ago? We've been getting along fine since then - staying out of each other's way. He comes to class almost defiantly and reads the textbook instead of listening to the lecture or he sleeps ( he's slept through many classes this semester). I don't make a fuss about either thing. My tests are based on lectures and so I figure if someone sleeps through it, they're shooting themselves in the foot - it's their problem - they're adults. And, I have so few students who sleep, I don't take it personally.

Well, this morning he was really tired b/c he came in and fell asleep before class even started and did the head-bobbing thing pretty bad. He sits in the very last row and about halfway through class, got in one really good bob and cracked his head against the back wall. I have to admit to being unprofessional - I chuckled. So did the rest of the class. Serves the bugger right.

No comments: