Monday, May 07, 2007

Another fabulous activity-filled weekend! Friday, I broke down and went to an honest-to-goodness maternity clothes store and cleaned them out. I've been trying to get by on a couple of things here and there and very little fits anymore. I found really comfortable clothes and I wore them yesterday for the first time and felt genuinely put-together and not frumpy.

Saturday, more yard work. I put some finishing touches on my front plant bed and finally planted my veggie/herb garden on the side of the house. It will probably be July before I'll get any real veggies out of it, but I hope it works! Brad found out about a garage sale on the next street, so we wandered over and came home very happy. For $25, I got a perfect condition Sealy crib mattress and a Laura Ashley bedding set (in the color I wanted anyway). Man, I love these military families! I can totally understand why they don't want to keep this stuff and haul it across the country all the time.

We were glad we got in the yard work when we did b/c it's been raining/storming since Saturday night! At one point, when I was singing in church Sunday morning (as in, standing at the ambo by myself singing a song) a clap of thunder/lightning knocked out the power temporarily, plunging the church into darkness. It was really funny! You could tell the altar servers thought it was the coolest thing that had ever happened in church in their lifetimes. The power came back on right away, we all had a good laugh about God's sense of humor, and went back to what we were doing. I hope that wasn't God's editorial commentary on my singing.... I'm trying not to take it personally. :)

We had friends over for dinner last night - I made a yummy oven brisket to get us in the summer mood. Today, it's back to work. Just two classes left and then finals are next week. Hooray!!!!

No comments: