Thursday, May 17, 2007

Hooray! I'm (kind of) done! I gave my last final this morning, so all I have to do is finish grading. Since I won't teach there again until the spring semester, I went ahead and packed up all my office stuff to bring home and turned in my keys. It was like clearing out a classroom at the end of the year - fun yet just a little sad. I drove away knowing I won't be back for a long time. We can submit our grades online, which saves me the 45 minute commute. I've been doing really well on my grading this week and I don't think I'll have any problems getting everything done by 5pm tomorrow. Ask me at 4:30, though.....

I'm glad to be done. With the exception of my crazy guy, I've really enjoyed my students this semester. However, it only takes a few.... I had more emails this week and last from panicky students to the effect of "I know I haven't been to class or done any of the work or passed any of the tests, but I really need a C in this course. Can you pass me?" I'm used to this, but not in this volume. Unreal! And yes, I told them all to go jump in a lake (well, much more diplomatically than that, but you get the point). Tomorrow it's all over. Yay!!!!

No comments: