Monday, September 04, 2006

Classes are going well, but keeping up with three different classes is kicking my butt. Plus, I haven't taught US history in a while, so I'm trying to refresh my memory on some of this....

The house is FINALLY starting to come together. I was stagnated a bit - getting bogged down in indecision - but I made some progress this weekend. I painted in my family room and I think I like it. I'm planning to put a faux finish on top of what I've done, but I'm nervous about screwing it up. We also bought some furniture at an awesome labor day sale. I'm really excited about getting it in our big empty living room. It's going to look great!

Oh - here's a crazy bit: before we left for the furniture store, Brad used scissors to cut some string in the garage. He placed the scissors on his back bumper (it's an SUV so it has a bit of a ledge) and forgot about them. When we got out of the car at the store (25 miles down the road), we discovered the scissors still sitting on the bumper! The road we took was a back-road that was fairly curvy - can't believe they didn't fall off!

No comments: