Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Home decor crisis!!! I have painted a room each weekend for the last three weekends. It's been a struggle, but it's fun to have it done. This past weekend, though, was a bit too trying...

I painted the first coat Saturday afternoon in a warm beige-y color. Looked great, but it didn't cover very well. I went back to the store to get a second gallon and gave the guy the exact "recipe" sticker off the old can. Got it home, spent Sunday putting on the second coat and to my horror, it wasn't the same color! I didn't notice right away because I think paint always looks different when it's going on, but when the color didn't change much after it dried, I knew I had a problem. It was still beige, but it had a purple/pink undertone instead of a brown one, so the walls looked lavender in the light. Argh!

Went back to the store and fortunately, they were horrified at what the guy had done. They couldn't give me my Sunday back, but at least I got a complimentary can of the right colored paint. I put it on today and all is well. My goodness, though! I'm definitely taking a breather from the painting thing. Gotta find something else to do this weekend. Actually, I think we're going to take the time to finally hang pictures on our lovely painted walls.

No comments: