Saturday, September 09, 2006

Got another crazy Shadow story for ya..... When I was painting last weekend, I (naturally) took off the outlet covers and air conditioning vent grates on the walls. Well, this particular grate opening leads into a utility closet where you would find the air conditioning unit, hot water heater, etc. There is also a hole in the back of the closet, left by the builders, that opens into the basement below. Maybe you can see where this is going....

So my curious but not-very-bright kitty apparently snuck inside the wall just before I screwed the grate back in place. I didn't even notice him going inside! Mind you, this was about 9 am. I got so busy Friday that I didn't even notice him not being around the house. When I finally noticed he was gone, I figured he was off snoozing somewhere. By about 5pm, I started getting nervous because I couldn't find him anywhere. Yeah, it finally occurred to me what had happened and I found the poor guy in the basement. He looked really relieved to be rescued! Silly kitty.

No comments: