Thursday, December 13, 2007

Brrr..... Well, the new winter storm turned out to be a b*tch. We lost power Tuesday morning at 7 and it still hasn't come back on! Fortunately, we have amazing friends who took us in after their power returned Tuesday afternoon. They even let us bring our poor kitty cats! They live across the river on the Missouri side - the Kansas side is screwed. They said on the news last night that it could be 7-10 days before they get power to everyone. Oh, and our basement is ankle-deep in water since the sump pump operates on electricity, so that's awesome....

Anyway, just thought I'd let y'all know what's happening here. I'm at the public library so I can get caught up on email and stuff. Despite the crappiness of the situation, it's beautiful outside. The roads are clear so driving isn't an issue, but there's still a lot of ice on power lines and trees. All those ice-covered trees are gorgeous! I took a bunch of pictures and will post them on here when I get my own computer back. I'll be back in touch - please keep us in your thoughts....

1 comment:

susan solo said...

Oh my gosh, Casey. How awful! You have SUCH a good attitude despite the situation! Hope you get some watts soon...