Wednesday, July 04, 2007

And, I'm back from round two. I flew in late last night from Texas after a fabulous week with my family and friends. Mom and I did some fun baby shopping and I enjoyed my last quiet grown-up visit to Allen. Next time I'm there, I'll be bringing chaos itself with me.

I also had another baby shower. Mom and Mary Beth threw it for me and what a nice party it was! Several good friends came into town to participate and a few of my mom's friends who I knew well came, so it was a good group. We played silly games, ate sweets and oohed and ahhed over the cute baby gifts I got. I wasn't sure if I was going to get it all home, but I managed to squish most everything into my suitcases. This is going to be one spoiled baby! Most of the party shots didn't turn out, but here is the pretty table and the quilt my mom made for the baby.




Oh, by the way, we decided on a name for the little guy: he'll be Lawson Alexander. Lawson is a name that runs in my family - my great-grandfather, grandfather, uncle and cousin are all Lawsons. Alexander is the family patriarch in Brad's family who came to the US from Poland and most of his family is named after him. Our families are pleased with the respective names and we feel better having it all picked out.

No comments: