Thursday, July 05, 2007

I hope everyone had a good 4th! We had a really good day - spent most of it trying to recover from the Texas trip and gearing up for the Virginia one. We had dinner with Sean and Tracie and then drove over to the high school for fireworks. The show was really very good - especially considering the size of the town they live in (they live in a teeny town across the river in MO). We were really near the "guns", so each firework shook the bleachers we were sitting in. The noise woke up the baby and he started freaking out a little. Oops! I'm glad we went this year, b/c I'm sure we'll have a few years of seeing fireworks from a distance so the kids aren't scared by the noise.

I also took a trip to my garden yesterday to see how everything was looking. Holy moly, can I grow vegetables! I picked my green pepper, which was at full size, a couple of grape tomatoes - there are dozens on the plant, but they're not red yet - and two HUGE cucumbers. We took one over to Sean and Tracie's last night and it was SO good. I actually grew something edible! Here are my veggie friends. Remember my first green pepper - the one that was slightly bigger than a dime? And, the one cuke is so thick, I can't get my hand around it!




No comments: