Monday, July 16, 2007

Horray for Virginia! We've been here for a little over a week and we're having a blast! We spent last weekend in Lexington, getting to see a bunch of friends here and there, before heading up Sunday night to get Brad settled in at his quarters in Quantico. While Brad worked, I spent a couple of days with my sister-in-law and nieces and then headed to the Richmond area to see a high school friend. I managed to see some Civil War battlefields along the way that I'd never been to, which was fun.

Friday night, I picked Brad up and it was back to Richmond for some VMI buddy time. Our friends Matt and Kristin hosted a big BBQ party on Saturday and we got so see a bunch of folks. Sunday was also Harry Potter movie day! Lot of fun there!

Saturday was our 6th wedding anniversary and we were happy to spend it together in the same country. Last year, I was in Korea and the year before, Brad was in Iraq. We did our big anniversary festivities last night - we went to a cool French restaurant and then saw Henry IV, part I at the Richmond Shakespeare festival. It was awesome.

Those are pretty much the highlights. I'm back in Lexington for the week and have a ton of friends to see. It's going to be a lot of fun! I'll try to get another update in here soon.

No comments: