Thursday, June 21, 2007

Yesterday I got to take a glucose test to determine whether or not I have gestational diabetes. It's a routine test they give to everyone and it's yucky. They give you this nasty, super-sweet drink (10 oz. worth), make you wait an hour and then draw blood to determine how well your body broke down the sugars in the drink. The blood drawing doesn't bother me, but I didn't think I was going to make it through that bottle of orange liquid sugar. The only time I have felt worse about drinking something was when I dunked my Aggie ring... I should find out today or tomorrow what my results were.

Here's a howler of a good story. Mary Beth just started dating this new guy and for those of you who know my little sister, you know she's got the attention span and tolerance of a gnat when it comes to dating. She gets bored really easily, but she seems to like this guy and spent this past weekend with him in Houston without killing him. In fact, they're both quite smitten. They've been friends for a few months, but this is the first she's really mentioned him in great detail. Well, after grilling her for details, I passed on the story to Brad. After a few coincidences seemed crazy, a quick phone call back to MB confirmed the hilarious. See if you can follow this bouncing ball.... When Brad was looking at grad schools, one of his mentor profs at VMI sent him to A&M to meet up with his cousin's daughter who went there. Brad had a great time and decided to come to A&M (where he met me). He stayed in kind of touch with the girl and even met her younger brother at a party once he came to school there - that boy is MB's new boyfriend! The mentor prof, Turk, became an even bigger mentor when Brad started teaching at VMI. We adore Turk and think it's hilarious to consider that if the stars align, we might be related! Both Turk and the new beau think this is crazy funny, too. Small world!

No comments: