Sunday, September 27, 2009

Hail Thee Festival Day...er, Weekend!

I am so excited about this fall! It's too hot here in the summer to get out and do much, but now that the weather is cooling off, it's fun to be outside again. (And by "cooling off", I mean temps in the 80s)


Saturday, the whole fam went to McKinney for their Oktoberfest celebration. We listened to some fun music, had some nice brats and kraut and wandered around and looked at all the booths. Lawson loved the petting zoo...




Today, Lawson and I headed down to the Greek Food Festival of Dallas. One of my students is Greek-American and told me about this. It was awesome! It was more kid-friendly than the Oktoberfest and we had such a good time! We had a gyro for lunch and a baklava sundae for dessert... YUM! We got to tour the gorgeous Orthodox church sanctuary with its stunning artwork. Even Lawson could appreciate that. He kept pointing around and saying "wow!"


Lawson's favorite part was the dancing. My student was in the group and it was fun to see her do her thing outside of school. Lawson kept asking if he could dance on the stage with the big kids!


1 comment:

Katie said...

I love the picture of him leaning up against the stage!! How cute! Looks like something Jack would do also! He also loves dancers! Sounds like a great weekend!