Sunday, September 13, 2009

Goodbye, Pepper...

In February 1991, my parents brought home a little black poodle/sheltie mix puppy as a surprise. My sister and I had always been told we couldn't have a pet because of Dad's allergies, but suddenly, at the age of 15, I had a puppy! She was teeny tiny and crazy-energetic and we all learned what it meant to care for and train a dog.


Pepper has been a part of our family for almost 19 years, but her health has been deteriorating for the last several months. Poor old girl lived a very very long life, full of treats, toys and adventures, but we made the decision that it was time for her to be put to sleep. My parents took her in on Friday morning and now our sweet little doggie is gone. She's been in the family for over half of my life and we're all feeling the loss. Lawson and Pepper have just recently started to bond and he's a little confused about where the doggie went.


Lawson was more than happy to share his chips with Pepper...


One last hug before D-Day...

No comments: