Monday, January 05, 2009

Lawson's First Haircut

What a momentus occasion! Mom, Dad and Mary Beth joined Lawson and me as we trekked off to Cool Cuts 4 Kids for Lawson's first "do". They were a little pricey, but the stylist earned every penny... (I have a great "before" pic of the back of his head in a post from this weekend in case you missed it)

Isn't this cute? How cool to get your hair cut while sitting in a firetruck!!

Of course, it would be much cooler if there wasn't a lady with a water bottle and a pair of scissors sent to scare the bejeezus out of you....

The stylist did a wonderful job and was so patient with my screaming child. I was positively amazed at how she managed to cut everything so straight with Lawson flipping out and wiggling like crazy! That's talent!


Whew! The ordeal was finally over and Lawson simply collapsed from exhaustion. All that screaming really takes it out of a guy...

After the trauma was over, we headed to Braum's to have some ice cream to celebrate his new big-boy haircut. The ice cream made him feel better and he was all smiles again. I just love his new cut! It's a little sad because I think it makes him look so much older already. What the heck happened to my baby?



Of course, now that his hair is this short, I'll have to keep taking him in to get it cut. Can't wait...

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Aww! He looks so much older now!