Wednesday, June 18, 2008

So, I got to call poison control last night for the first time. Okay, so we don't have our house fully babyproofed since we're moving - I usually just keep a really close eye on him. Well, last night he got into the spare bathroom cabinet. I saw him and didn't worry b/c I thought it was just a bunch of towels under there. Then I heard a crash and a spray and came running. There was a bottle of Scrubbing Bubbles w/o a lid - he'd pulled it out and the nozzle hit the floor right under him at just the right angle, spraying chemicals EVERYWHERE!

Fortunately, I was only about 3 steps away when it happend and I scooped him up and washed his hands and face in the sink. If he actually ingested anything, I don't think it was much, but I still called poison control. The lady couldn't find that particular cleaner on their list, but she gave me some things to look for and none of them happened. I gave him a good, scrubbing bath and made sure to rinse out his eyes and give him plenty of water to drink.

He's okay, but I worried about him all night. He was perfectly fine when he woke up this morning. Ahhhhh!!!!! Mommyhood is stressful! My sister-in-law, Jill, jokes she was on a first name basis with poison control when her girls were younger.... I know I have more of these moments coming.

No comments: