Friday, August 04, 2006

I'm employed! I had a phone interview with a community college while I was in Korea and it went well enough that I was pretty sure I had the job, but it wasn't a lock until Wednesday when I went in in person. I'm all squared away as an adjunct assistant professor (what Brad was at VMI) with three classes. I have the first half of western civilization and both halves of US history. Three different classes will be a lot to prepare for, but it'll be a lot less taxing than teaching full time in a high school. I'm really excited to give this a try. I think I'll like it - the colleagues I've met seem really nice and it's a nice campus. I'll miss working with teenagers and I may go back to that someday, but this seems like a good idea for now. Another bonus: since I have to drive about 45 minutes to get there, they scheduled all my classes for Tuesdays and Thursdays. Awesome!

The unpacking is going really well and it's starting to look like a real house. Brad starts his job Monday, so we're trying to get as much done as we can now since the pace of unpacking will slow with him working for a living. The majority of the boxes are unpacked, but the decorating will take a long, long time to finish... I'll post pictures when I can.

1 comment:

susan solo said...

Congrats on the new job! Does that mean you only have to drive to work on Tuesdays and Thursdays?! Now I'm *really* jealous!