Friday, February 03, 2006

Well, crapola. I'm sick... I've got the flu - the real flu - influenza. I don't think I've ever really had it before. I rarely bother with the flu shot because it's expensive and I don't ever get the flu, but here it is. I missed work today and went to the doctor. Fortunately, it's in the early stages so they were able to give me this drug that's supposed to allieviate the symptoms. I tell you what - I'm getting a flu shot every year from now on - this sucks!

I'm achy and I alternate between burning up and freezing cold. I'm highly contagious so I can' t go ANYWHERE for the next couple of days - not even sure if I'll be safe to go back to work on Monday. I am bored, bored, bored. How the heck am I going to spend an entire weekend trapped in my room?!!! ARRGGHH!!! I HATE being sick! So there.

It used to be quite common for royal ladies to enter a "confinement" period during the last two months of their pregnancies. She would have had some company, but not much. Two months! At least I've got books and TV. I guess I shouldn't complain. Thanks for putting up with the rant.

No comments: