Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Snow day!!!! Yippeee! It's the best kind of snow day, too. It was snowing pretty hard until about 11am, just long enough to cancel school, and then it started to melt and now at 3pm it's almost all gone. I can still get out and about and not feel shut-in.

I finished this puzzle I've been meaning to do since about October. A kid at school noticed that I have a handful of puzzles on my wall as decorations and he brought one in for me to finish. He started it and got frustrated. It wasn't a high priority and I kept putting it off, even though every day he'd ask when I was going to finish it. I busted it out this morning and knocked it out pretty quickly - he'd actually put together some nice chunks already. The glue is drying and I can't wait to show it to him tomorrow.

I'm also working on an application for a fellowship this summer to Japan. I'm really excited about it! I'm sure I've got about a snowball's chance in hell of getting it - they only take 12 people from the US AND Canada. Yikes! But, I figure it's worth trying for. Wouldn't it be a hoot if I got it? I should hear back by mid-April.

That's about it here. It's been a quiet few days. We had a workday on Monday so with this snow day, it's a really short week. It'll be the weekend before I know it!

1 comment:

susan solo said...

Ooo! How exciting about Japan! If you get to go, stay away from the seafood-mayonnaise pizza...unless you're into that kind of food. ; )