Thursday, July 30, 2009

I've Really Got to Learn...

So far in the last month or so, Lawson has rubbed himself down in both butter and shampoo. I'd like to add a third element. Yes, it's an oldie, but a goodie...the baby powder. I've been maniacal about closing the top on the powder after each use since the last time he took a powder shower, but we had an interesting diaper change this morning (long story) and I was anxious to get washed up and completely forgot.


Fast forward to an hour later. I've been sick this week and needed to get caught up on some work so I let Lawson play by himself. I kept checking on him and he was playing nicely with his toys or reading a book. But then it was quiet for just a little too long... When I went to check, I smelled a familiar thing. Boy oh boy, he did it up great this time!

He pulled his changing pad down and climbed up on top and shook powder all over the place! Then when I walked into the room, there were puffs of powder that came off the carpet. He looked like an 18th century English gentleman with all that powder in his hair! Oh, and yes, he was wearing just a diaper and his new (brown) loafers....don't ask.




I especially liked the footprints that show off where he was stomping in the mess...




Oh, and this one - where he pounded the powder bottle on the wall above his changing table...





I'm sure many of you are wondering why I ever take my eyes off this little dickens when I know he's capable of so much mischief. Alas, I have things to do and he needs to play on his own sometimes. I do keep the chemicals locked up and so the stuff he makes a mess with is harmless.



1 comment:

Ellie said...

HILARIOUS!