Thursday, March 26, 2009

Chatterbox

Lawson loves to talk, but I was worried for a long time that he wasn't using many actual English words. I had him evaluated two months ago to see if he needed speech therapy and they said he was behind, but not badly enough to require therapy. Phew! Well, at that point, he knew about 5 words. When we went to the pediatrician this week, I was happy to report he can say 26 words and I was told he has officially caught up with the "normal" scale! Yay!

This morning, he clarified one on his list..."no". He's said no-no (sounds more like new-new) for a few weeks now, but this morning he got better at it. He likes to stand on my toilet in the bathroom to talk to himself while I get dressed for the day. He reached for something he shouldn't have and I simply said "no, you shouldn't have that.". Well, he just thought that was something else and proceeded to practice the word "no" in front of the mirror for oh, about 5 straight minutes!

He'd say it sweetly, then harshly, then while shaking his head, sometimes he'd even slap the top of the toilet and yell it. Oh, boy... I'm in for it now!


PS yes, that's my blush brush in his hand. He does, occasionally, like to brush his cheeks with it... *sigh*

1 comment:

Jessica said...

LOL! Alyssa shakes her head no but lucky for me she hasn't learned it yet.