Saturday, October 18, 2008

Korean Food

I haven't eaten Korean food since I went there in 2006. I never ate it before my trip, so my only experience with it has been in its originiating country. I hadn't done the Americanized version. Plus, I got a little worn out with it after two weeks and I swore I'd never eat kimchi again. If you haven't seen my Korea blog, there's a link on the left side of the screen - I talk a lot about food on there.

Well, two years is a long enough break and I was anxious to have some again. A new Korean restaurant opened up near my parents' house and we went there Thursday night. YUMMO! I had bulgogi, which was my favorite thing we ate on our trip, and this restaurant got it pretty close to the real deal. It's kind of like Korean fajitas - beef, grilled up with veggies, but with a really distinctive flavor. In Korea, we wrapped the meat up in a lettuce leaf, but they didn't serve it that way here. It was so wonderful, though! I did have a little kimchi just for old time's sake....

Lawson LOVED it! He was completely enraptured by the idea of chopsticks.

I also discovered a bowl of sticky rice and a pair of chopsticks will keep him busy and quiet at the table for a long time....

He scarfed down chunk after chunk of bulgogi. Despite this weird look on his face, he loved every bite.

No comments: