Thursday, January 17, 2008

Sorry I've been away. It's been a busy week. I got my hair cut on Saturday. I love it! It's actually very similar to my hairstyle in grad school and thus when I first met Brad. He was really happy to see my hair when I got home. He took some pictures, but they didn't turn out - we'll try again soon and I'll post one.

Sunday, we left Lawson with a friend and went to dinner and a movie. We saw Juno. It was really cute. It was so nice to be in a movie theater again - it's been since September! We were very proud of ourselves that we did fine without the baby and he did alright without us. He started melting down about 20 min before we got back, but other than that everything went fine. It was good preparation for yesterday - my first day back to work.

I started my night class last night - it felt weird to be back on campus again. But, I've got a good class. They laughed in all the right places and seemed enthusiastic, so we're off to a good start. We had snow as we were leaving and it actually got pretty nasty for my drive home. I lost control of my car on the interstate and wound up doing a 360 spin across 3 lanes before I was able to right myself! It scared the crap out of me!!!! The driver's ed teachers are right, though - turn in the direction of the spin and pump the brake - it worked. Fortunately, I was only going about 40 mph so it didn't take long to slow down. And, all the other drivers were going slowly, too, and were spaced out enough that I was never in danger of hitting anyone or being hit myself. I still don't know what caused the car to slide - the road didn't look any different, I wasn't reaching for anything, I didn't lose concentration, I just started sliding. Yikes! I like the job, I just hate the drive.

No comments: