Tuesday, July 25, 2006

This time next week we'll be in our new house! Ohmigosh! The packing is going very well so far, even though I took a little break. We had a yard sale on Saturday that got rid of a lot of our junk, although not all of it. Got to make a run to Goodwill here soon. Then my friend, Jennie, from Texas came to visit for a few days. She'd never been up here before and wanted to see our little town before we left. It was fun because I got to see some stuff that I haven't had the chance to see even though we've been here for 3.5 years. We spent a morning at Monticello, Thomas Jefferson's house, and walked around the very hip Charlottesville. We also drove down the Blue Ridge Parkway and visited the Natural Bridge - it's really impressive! We went to my favorite Shakepeare theatre for a performance of MacBeth. It was okay, but I was disappointed because I've seen them do SO much better.

Jennie just left a little while ago to fly home and now it's time to face the reality of getting this house packed up. Ugh. We've got most of the easy stuff done - now it's time to pack up the little stuff and the stuff we use on a fairly regular basis. We pack the truck Saturday and leave Sunday, so it's going to happen whether we're ready or not!

No comments: