Thursday, July 20, 2006

I'm home! I got back from Korea yesterday afternoon and I'm happy to sleep in my bed and eat pizza. I had a wonderful time there and was sorry to leave. I'm going to try to do a travel log attached to this blog, but it will probably have to wait until after the move.

I got to speak a little Korean, saw beautiful palaces and temples, ate interesting food (octopus, squid, eel and even a silkworm!!!), and met fabulous people. We were treated so well over there! It's a little hard going back to being a peon, but at least I'm a pizza-eating peon. No more kimchi for me! Probably ever.

We spent most of our time in Seoul, splitting our days into lectures at Yonsei University and afternoon sightseeing. We spent 4 days in Kyeongju, in the southeast part of the country, simply exploring. We pulled taffy by hand and learned how to make prints of Korean roof tiles. Lots of cool experiences! I'll get pictures up soon.

The picture below is of me at the garden pond in one of the palaces in Seoul.

2 comments:

korean_turte87 said...

woot! you had a good time in Korea!

susan solo said...

Oh my gosh, no you did NOT eat a silkworm. Tell me you're joking! Ack! ; D I'm glad you had a great time, and I can't wait to see pictures. (Except the ones of you enjoying that new delicacy.)