Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Definition of Optimism...

Is this....




I keep forgetting to mention on here that we are embroiled in that great rite of passage (for both of us), otherwise known as potty training.  Lawson go this great, personalized Elmo-goes-potty book from his G-Daddy and Judy and he loves it!  I started off with a bang over spring break, trying the technique of putting him in underwear immediately and following him around all day, putting him on the potty every 30 minutes.  We had some success, but not enough to warrant doing another day of 10 pairs of underwear.  We switched to pullups and we're both happier for now. 

We've had good days and bad, but we're getting there.  I keep telling myself that all kids eventually figure this out.  It may seem like I'll be changing his diapers when he leaves for the senior prom, but I know that he WILL learn to use the potty much sooner than that...all in good time. 

No comments: