Friday, April 10, 2009

Bluebonnets

An obligatory part of a Texas childhood these days involves a trip out to the fields and meadows to take pictures in the glorious blankets of bluebonnet wildflowers that appear each spring.

I decided anything worth doing is worth doing right and so I dressed Lawson to the nines. My parents picked up the jeans and shirt at the Texas State Fair about 2 weeks after Lawson was born and I've been waiting until just the right moment to put them on him. After months of searching for cowboy boots that didn't cost a fortune, I stumbled upon these this week and viola! You'd think the kid was born on a ranch!

Even my fancy camera couldn't catch Lawson often - he was far more interested in running through the flowers than actually sitting still for a picture. *sigh* It's frustrating now, but when he's older it'll be a good reminder of the little boy he really was.
















1 comment:

Katie said...

Oh Casey!! Those are so good!! I love the outfit and those flowers! I'm glad you explained the flower thing b/c all you TX girls keep talking about it and I didn't quite understand!!