Saturday, April 05, 2008

Lawson had a big day today. We did 2 new things. First, he got to sit in the cart at Wal-Mart like a big boy. Ever since he's been sitting up so well and trying to get mobile, he's getting antsy in his infant seat in the cart. So, today I busted out my cart cover and strapped him in. He loved it! He could see everything so well and he loved the feeling of kicking his legs as they dangled. He smiled at everyone we passed and started laughing at the checkout girl as she talked to him. I guess he was ready.

The next big thing was for him to try drinking from a sippy cup. He's been going after my drink glasses with a vengence here lately and so I figured he was ready for his own cup. I put a little water in one and set him loose. It's a work in progress.... He had a rough start trying to decide what part to put in his mouth and once he got that, he still couldn't get the head tilt down to bring the water to his mouth. After lying down with it, he finally got some water. He liked it a lot, but this will take some time to learn.

2 comments:

susan solo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
susan solo said...

Shopping carts, sippy cups and crawling?! Oh my gosh...they DO grow so fast!